The 5km restrictions have been lifted meaning we can make the most of our wonderful Sligo this bank holiday weekend. We’ve compiled a list of some of things we like doing, so check them out.
- Head out to Strandhill for a long walk around The Loop, taking in the beautiful scenery. Then head back to Shells Cafe for a lovely coffee and cake. Also, stopping off at Mammy Johnsons for an Icecream. Currently missing The Strand Pub’s atmosphere and a lovely relaxing dip in the seaweed baths of Voya Seaweed Baths. But, they will be reopening soon!
- The Cooloney mountain bike trail. Not only are the views spectacular, biking is great excersise and the paths are never too busy. Lots of children go too, depending on their capability.
- Eithne’s by the Sea in Mullaghmore is back! Head out there for beautiful fresh seafood and wander along the harbour at Mullahmore. A really special place.
- Amazing news that Eagles’ Flying is also back open. Go there for breathtaking shows with huge birds of prey soaring through the sky. All very well trained of course!
- Enniscrone has a wide expanse of beach, stretching as far as the eye can see. Maplemoose has reopened too so grab and ice cream and go for a wander.
- Grab a takeaway from The Dunes in Strandhill. Their burgers are insanely good. The owner Tom Eaton is fanatical about his food and their meat is sourced from the best farmers in the land.
- The Gleniff Horseshoe is a wonderous sight. Nestled beneath Benbulben himself. Pack a flask of coffee and head that way and marvel and the natural beauty of the pleace.
- Coney Island has a lovely beach, perfect to take a picnic to and hang out for the day. Please note the tide times, it’s easy to get stranded out there if the tide comes in.
However you spend your bank holiday, we hope you have a fab time, unwind and enjoy everything Sligo has on offer.