VOLUNTEERING EXPO AS PART OF OLD FAIR DAY TUBBERCURRY:
We are hosting a Volunteering Expo in St. Bridgid’s Hall on Wednesday 14th August, from 10am – 4pm. We would like to have as wide a representation of groups as possible to promote and showcase their activities with a view to attracting new volunteers. If your group are interested in participating or helping out on the day, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 071-911 1042 as soon as possible as space is limited.
SLIGO SINGS 2019:
Every year the Hawk’s Well hosts the wonderful Sligo Sings event in November. Featuring brand new choirs alongside existing Sligo Sings choirs, this now annual event is a major celebration of choir’s achievements and is as uplifting as it is entertaining. Rehearsals start around the beginning of October. You are more than welcome to join us if you are a volunteer, part of a non-profit Organisation or any Community Group. Keep an eye on our website and social media accounts as we will be recruiting in August.
From 1.45-3.30pm Wednesday 11th Sept, Wed 9th Oct and Wed 13th Nov.
- Good Governance: Advancing your charitable purpose and behaving with integrity, This webinar looks at the Charities Governance Code principle 1: Advancing your charitable purpose, and principle behaving with integrity.Venue: Chroi enterprise Centre, Tubbercurry( https://southsligoenterprisecentre.com/
|An Chroi South Sligo Enterprise Centre
An Chroi, South Enterprise Centre has a number of bright and spacious rooms that are used for a variety of classes, courses and training. Examples of events that use our facilities include Slimming World, circuit classes, yoga and kettlebells.
- Good Governance: Leading People and Exercising Control. This webinar looks at the Charities Governance Code principle 3: Leading people, and principle 4: Exercising control. Venue TBDC
- Good Governance: Working effectively, and being accountable and transparent. This webinar looks at the Charities Governance Code principle 5: Working effectively, and principle 6: Being accountable and transparent. Venue TBDC
1/2 DAY INTERACTIVE PRACTICAL WORKSHOP:
Dealing with Challenging Situations is a
Workshop for Voluntary & Local Community Groups
Working with volunteers can present certain challenges. It is human nature to want to put if off in the hope that it will sort itself out! Addressing difficulties as early as possible will help to avoid an escalation that will demand more of your valuable time. This workshop will give you the skills and confidence to face these situations. This workshop is taking place in partnership with Tubbercurry & Ballymote community groups.
- DATE & TIME: Tuesday 22nd October 2019 from 2.00pm – 5.00pm
- VENUE: Tubbercurry Family Resource Centre
- Nationally Affiliated groups/larger groups / networks / charities / NGOs: =€40
- Small organisations / local community groups: = €20
- Volunteers with no access to organisational funding –suggested contribution:= €5
- Places limited to 12 participants
- Expression of interest and to book your place please email email@example.com with the Name of your Group, Your name and Contact details.
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION SESSIONS:
Volunteer Information Sessions are fast and informal held every fortnight at the Centre. They get you up to speed and make you aware of the various opportunities in Sligo. It includes a 1:1 meeting with a staff member where you can ask any questions you wish to help you decide about different roles & opportunities. Call us to book in.