Due to considerable demand from the market, Flanagan Ford O’Neill is delighted to announce the appointment of a new Mortgage Manager, Louis Walsh. This further expands the offering of financial advice available from the Wine Street financial team at Flanagan Ford O’Neill.
Louis has over 22 years of experience across business and retail banking services, having worked with Ulster Bank Ireland prior to this appointment. He brings extensive experience in advising clients on their mortgage needs, which is a role he has always enjoyed. Louis is a Qualified Financial Advisor which means that he has the industry qualification to offer advice on a broad range of financial products and has been working in the financial industry since 1996.
Commenting on his appointment, Louis said: “I am excited and looking froward to working with Flanagan Ford O’Neill, in providing top quality mortgage advice. Mortgage customers are looking at alternatives to going directly to their banks for securing mortgage finance. It is important for the customer to have options open to them when seeking mortgage finance, and we have access to 5 leading mortgage providers. After all, this could be the biggest financial commitment of your life, it is important to make the correct choice.”
Louis continued: “Due to the impact of Covid 19 on the economy, there are more stringent rules being applied to mortgage applications than ever before. This is where a broker can be invaluable, providing clear impartial advice when seeking the best mortgage option available. I am here to help and guide you through the mortgage process, every step of the way. I would try to put myself in the customer’s shoes and treat them the way I would expect to be treated. It is vital to have a good relationship from the outset, and to trust one another throughout the process. I enjoy helping the customer through the mortgage journey and ensuring them achieve a successful mortgage outcome.
Top Tips for first time buyers:
For those getting ready to apply for a mortgage for the first time, Louis has put together these tips to help you get mortgage-ready:
- It is really important to keep all existing loan and credit card payments up to date and to pay all of your bills on time.
- Do not apply for credit shortly before applying for a mortgage as this can impact your credit rating.
- Savings are also important; start a savings plan as soon as you can. Save regularly into a separate bank account or into the credit union. Setting up a standing order on your pay day can make this easier to manage.
- Have evidence of your deposit. The lender will want you to show evidence of your deposit, and you will also need to show where it came from.
- Keep your current account as “clean” as possible. Referral or unpaid fees on the account will make approving the mortgage application very difficult.
- Consider using a broker! As a first-time buyer it can be daunting to navigate the mortgage process and find the best deal. A mortgage broker can help you find the best mortgage for your circumstances, and help you submit the best possible application.
Louis has the necessary skills and experience needed to take you through the full mortgage journey. Whether you are looking for a mortgage, pension, life cover or mortgage protection, Flanagan Ford O’Neill will recommend a suitable product to meet your individual needs.
For further information, call Louis Walsh on (+353) 085 2600589, email firstname.lastname@example.org visit flanaganfordoneill.ie