The business community of surf village Strandhill in Co. Sligo have come together to celebrate all things wellness this October. Winner of the 2019 European Destination of Excellence Award for Health & Wellbeing, Strandhill is the perfect wellness destination along Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way this Autumn.
The Strandhill business community have worked together to create a new promotional wellness campaign to promote the village’s EDEN designation; the overall aim is to extend the tourist season and showcase all of the great wellness amenities and natural assets that the Strandhill/Coolera peninsula is home to all year round.
EDEN is an initiative promoting sustainable tourism development models across the European Union; as well as the award itself, a new Strandhill image bank has been commissioned and a report by Failte Ireland on Wellness Tourism in Strandhill is currently being carried out.
Commenting on the launch of the October Wellness campaign, Aoife Porter, coordinator of the EDEN submission on behalf of Strandhill Community Development Association said: “This new campaign is a great opportunity for the local business community to highlight their wonderful wellness offerings and to showcase Strandhill’s incredible range of wellness assets and amenities to visitors. This has been a particularly challenging year for everyone so right now we want to showcase Strandhill as a top choice for a relaxing and re-energising break this Autumn.
The Strandhill/Coolera peninsula is home to stunning walking trails such as the Killaspugbrone Loop and the Queen Maeve Trail over Knocknarea, surf breaks and swim spots as well as breathtaking views, megalithic tombs and world-class wellness providers like VOYA Seaweed Baths, Salt & Soul Yoga Studio, Seatrails, Northwest Adventure Tours, and much more. Complimenting the wellness providers are a diverse range of food and dining destinations like Shells Cafe, The Strand Bar, The Venue, The Dunes, Strandhill People’s Market and Mammy Johnstons.
OCTOBER WELLNESS OFFERS
- Surf Sistas Session with Shells Cafe & Rebelle Surf School: Join Rebelle Surf for a women’s surf session followed by a delicious Shells picnic bag on the beach. Oct 18th €45pp
- Surf to Stoked Combo: Catch a 3- 5 pm surf with Sligo Surf Experience and then it’s straight into Stoked Restaurant afterwards for an early bird set menu. €60pp Available Friday, Saturday and Sunday in October.
- Voya Seaweed Baths: Private Seaweed Bath and reflexology treatment or a revitalizing Foot Retreat €75pp Available all month long
- Seatrails Wellness Walks: Qualified archaeologist Auriel Robinson will take you ‘back in time’ going up the stunning Knocknarea Mountain or along the pretty seashore where she will explain the local history, archaeology and ecology to you providing a fascinating insight into the place.’ Walks are c.2 hrs from €25pp. A full-day hike is c.4.5 hrs including mountain and Coast – €75pp
- Strandhill Lodge & Suites: Body & Soul Package
Two nights in a Deluxe Balcony room overlooking the Wild Atlantic Way, a breakfast hamper delivered to your room each morning. On the day after you arrive enjoy a relaxing beach yoga session on Strandhill beach, followed by a Voya seaweed bath and then that evening a romantic meal for two in the Venue Bar and Restaurant. €245.00 pp sharing
For further information on the Strandhill October Wellness campaign visit www.gostrandhill.com