Five Mid-Week Thing to do in Sligo
Sligo, a charming town on the west coast of Ireland, offers visitors an abundance of attractions and activities to enjoy mid-week. Here are five of the best things to do in Sligo:
- Take a Hike on Knocknarea: If you love nature and exercise, a hike up Knocknarea hill is a great option. The trail is not too long, but it offers incredible views of the surrounding countryside. At the summit, you’ll find a large cairn that is said to be the resting place of Queen Maeve.
- Visit Yeats’ Memorial Building: For literature and art enthusiasts, a visit to the Yeats’ Memorial Building is a must. This museum is dedicated to the life and work of the famous Irish poet, W.B. Yeats. You can explore the exhibits, attend a poetry reading, or enjoy an art exhibition.
- Relax in a Hotbox Sauna in Rosses Point: For those seeking relaxation, the Hotbox Sauna in Rosses Point is the perfect destination. This unique sauna experience offers traditional wood-fired saunas and plunge pools with stunning sea views. Find out more here
- Explore The Model Sligo: The Model Sligo is a contemporary art center that showcases a diverse range of exhibitions, events, and workshops. The center is home to a cinema, galleries, and a café, making it the perfect place to spend a mid-week afternoon.
- Explore Sligo Bay: Sligo Bay is a picturesque spot that offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy a peaceful stroll, bike ride, or drive along the coast. Take in the stunning views of the ocean and the town, and stop for a picnic or a swim at one of the many secluded beaches.
It’s true, Sligo is a town with a wide range of activities to suit all tastes. Whether you’re interested in nature, culture, history, or relaxation, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Sligo. These four mid-week activities, including the Hotbox Sauna in Rosses Point and The Model Sligo, are just a few examples of what the town has to offer